Bizarro Devs is a curated collection of weird and wonderful things from all over the web.
💰 SLACK PARTNERS WITH AMAZON. PLUS, TOOLS FOR BETTER THINKING & GREAT ONLINE BUSINESS IDEAS
A shorter one this week because there are bigger things than inspiring websites and interesting tools.
😮 Amazon is Slacking now.
🤔 Tools for better thinking.
👩💻 How to find a job with a digital agency.
📰 From the Newsroom
This is our time: If there is a good place to be in the middle of a pandemic, then Slack was almost in it. The only thing holding it back was poor calling quality. With this multi-year agreement, Slack will use Amazon Chime for voice and video conferencing in the future. It will, however, still eat more memory than a hungry Grodd.
Heads we win, tails we win: While the deal will help Slack add better voice and video calling, it does represent a good deal for both parties. Slack also gets a decently sized enterprise customer with potentially 840,000 Amazon employees adopting Slack. And Amazon gets a decently sized customer for AWS and Chime with over 950,000 organizations using some form of Slack daily.
The double threat of Teams: Microsoft Teams has been the biggest threat to Slack due to a built-in user base from Office 365 and superior call experience. Teams already have 75 million daily active users and they are embarking on a pretty aggressive ad campaign as we speak. They may have already caught up to Zoom which leaves Slack as their remaining obstacle.
⛓️ Ten Must See Links of the Month
1. untools is a growing collection of tools and frameworks for improving thinking.
2. It seems like a hundred years since gradients were declared the Design Trend of 2020™. And, since 2020 feels like it will never end, you'll need free a gradient generator Gradihunt.
3. En-Roads is a simulator that focuses on how changes in energy, economic, and public policy systems could affect the climate.
4. IBM built an accessibility toolkit that gives information for building accessible products from planning to launching.
5. I love Darbee. Not just because it has an amazing database of workouts, recipes, and nutrition advice. It's not just another meathead website dedicated to reps and muscle mass. The database has wellness workouts alongside the more traditional workouts. Also, it is user-supported with no ads. Anywhere.
6. From the "Thanks, I hate it" file: Spotify in neumorphism.
7. 19 Online Business Ideas: Money Making Ideas That Work in 2020.
8. Another great one for anyone looking for a new role. How to get work in a digital agency. Tip #5 about your online presence is crucial.
9. A robotic third arm that can smash through walls.
10. Ending the list with my favorite of the week. Mienar's [illustrated artworks] (https://mienar.com/original-artworks) have a very chilled feel to them.
🎤 It’s How They Said It
An homage to the remarkable Sentences curated by Darcie Wilder.
The best sentence of the week is:
As he noted, “there is a lot of work, and many steps, left before we can achieve genetically encoded invisibility.”
That's it for the week.
If you have a link for me, then my emails are always open. Simply hit reply to this email to land in my inbox.
If this is the first time you're seeing this email, and you'd like to get more, then sign up here.
Have a great week,